Highlighted

Switching from Coral UI3 to Coral UI2 in RTE

dineshc12261746

dineshc12261746

dineshc12261746

02-04-2018

The documentaion below mentions here that, we can switch rte from coralui3 to coralui2 . , However it is suggesting do the changes in libs

Rich Text Editor

As changing anything in /libs might create issues when installing hotfix to SP's . Is there any other way to achieve it ?

Replies

Highlighted

kautuk_sahni

Community Manager

Total Posts

Correct Answer

kautuk_sahni

Community Manager

Total Posts

Correct Answer

kautuk_sahni
Community Manager

03-04-2018

Excellent share with the community!!

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

Correct Answer

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

Correct Answer

smacdonald2008

03-04-2018

WHy would you want to use Coral 2 in the RTE when using 6.3?

Highlighted

benjamin_cheria

benjamin_cheria

benjamin_cheria

03-04-2018

CoralUI3 RTE is broken in 6.3 GA in some instances such as multiple RTEs in the same dialog or multi field. They issues that I was having all seem to be resolved with 6.3.1.2. So if you're having RTE issues in 6.3, install SP1 and CFP2

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

Correct Answer

smacdonald2008

Total Posts

Correct Answer

smacdonald2008

03-04-2018

The granite.coral multi field works much better than the older granite multi field.

For example, you do not need to write JS or use ACS-Commons. It works OOTB. See this article on granite/Coral MF -- Building Experience Manager Components using Granite/Coral Resource Types

MF1.png

Highlighted

benjamin_cheria

benjamin_cheria

benjamin_cheria

03-04-2018

Good to see the new Multifield. But, the RTE issue isn't limited to Multi-field though. If you have a tab with multiple RTEs (Title, Description, Subtitle, etc), you run into issues. The main issue I've come across is that when you select text in the textarea, and then try to perform an action from the toolbar, like Bold or Italics, the RTE loses focus and shifts up or down the dialog field.

From what I understand, this only changes Coral 2 RTE, but leaves the rest of the Coral 3 components active. Or am I misunderstanding that?

Also, a Colleague of mine just had this issue today, but noted he didn't see the issue in an environment that had 6.3.0.1, but it is present in 6.3.1.0, but fixed in 6.3.1.2.

Highlighted

dineshc12261746

dineshc12261746

dineshc12261746

03-04-2018

Well , we have few custom plugins in RTE ,these custom plugins are not coming up in RTE editor in 6.3 SP1 as it is by default loading in coral ui 3 , What i have noticed is that the way the coral ui2 rendering and registering icons and classes is different from coral ui3. Hence  at the time of edit (dialog edit) they are coming up as undefined.Therefore we want load coral ui2 to work them the way they are working before.  Is there a way we can makesure onlly coral ui2 RTE is loading on 6.3 without changing anything in libs ?

Highlighted

dkumar_gobi

dkumar_gobi

dkumar_gobi

26-04-2018

RTE Issues with multiple tabs and multifield are present is 6.3.2.0 release (April-5-2018 ). Switching to RTE to CoralUI2 from CoralUI3 solves most RTE Multifield issues (Link plugin -pathbrowser fails in multifield etc). Follow the exact steps .Overlay the files in your project.

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/6-3/sites/authoring/using/rich-text-editor.html#Switching...

Highlighted

hanishb17637780

Employee

hanishb17637780

Employee

hanishb17637780
Employee

27-04-2018

dkumar.gobi It is recommended to use Coral3 RTE and not switch to Coral2 RTE.

RTE's behavior is not expected to differ wrt using its Coral2 or Coral3 version as long as any custom code is not touching RTE internals. Also, we have resolved most of the issues in RTE (both Coral2 and Coral3) in latest available CFP for 6.3.

However, If you face any issues while using Coral3 RTE, please report them to us as bugs to get them addressed in the next possible CFP.

Highlighted

hanishb17637780

Employee

hanishb17637780

Employee

hanishb17637780
Employee

27-04-2018

dineshc12261746

> Is there a way we can makesure only coral ui2 RTE is loading on 6.3 without changing anything in libs ?

Thanks for noticing this. Please overlay those nodes under /apps and make those changes. We are working on getting the documentation corrected wrt this asap.

> we have few custom plugins in RTE ,these custom plugins are not coming up in RTE editor in 6.3 SP1 as it is by default loading in coral ui 3

Ideally, your custom plugins, if not using any RTE internal classes, should work fine. As already mentioned, it's recommended to keep using Coral3 RTE.

We can help you identify the root cause here and get it fixed. I suspect, most probably, it would be your custom code that would need to be adjusted. Otherwise, if a bug is identified, we will get it fixed in the product.

Please feel free to provide clear description about your problem including packages (via this forum or via tech@adobe.com)