Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Style System Without Editable Templates

Level 1

I hope this is a topical question that hasn't already been asked (I didn't find anything directly related to this by searching).

Is it possible to leverage the Style System without using Editable Templates?

I'm not familiar enough with both of these features to know for sure, and wanted to see if we can at least "try out" the Style System in an existing project that uses traditional templates (not Editable).

Thanks in advance for your responses.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

No, It is not possible to use Style System with static templates.

Style System uses design dialog to allow author to add all styles for components which will be available at time of component editing.

These values are store styles inside components policy under editable templates node.

FOR EXAMPLE

/conf/AEM64App/settings/wcm/policies/AEM64App/components/content/title/policy_1529170685020

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 12.11.59 AM.png

more info Adobe Experience Manager Help | Style System

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi,

No, It is not possible to use Style System with static templates.

Style System uses design dialog to allow author to add all styles for components which will be available at time of component editing.

These values are store styles inside components policy under editable templates node.

FOR EXAMPLE

/conf/AEM64App/settings/wcm/policies/AEM64App/components/content/title/policy_1529170685020

Screen Shot 2018-07-05 at 12.11.59 AM.png

more info Adobe Experience Manager Help | Style System

Thanks

Arun

Arun Patidar

Level 1

Thanks, Arun.

There's probably not much else to discuss here, so I'll mark your answer as correct.