Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Store cq:designPath in folder

Level 6

Is it possible to store cq:designPath property in a folder and get it for all the pages under that folder

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

That is not true.  I'm not talking about duplicating the page component, i'm talking about creating another template node under "apps/<project>/templates.

The "jcr:content" node for the template contains the cq:designPath, so simply copy an existing template and change the name and cq:designPath.  You now have a template for that design.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

Can you be more specific to your use case and why you want to achieve this...

Level 6

We have already created folder and want to use common etc design path for all the pages under that folder. Dont want to configure design path for each and every page

Level 10

When you create project in AEM there is no need to configure design path for each page

How are you creating project?

Level 6

We use same template for different projects, hence need respective etc design path

Level 8

This isn't something that is supported.

Can you not create a new page template for each design?

Level 6

If we create another template then we are repeating same code again. We simply want to reuse the same template for all projects. Need some control to store project specific data

Correct answer by
Level 8

That is not true.  I'm not talking about duplicating the page component, i'm talking about creating another template node under "apps/<project>/templates.

The "jcr:content" node for the template contains the cq:designPath, so simply copy an existing template and change the name and cq:designPath.  You now have a template for that design.