Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SSO Setup in SiteCatalyst

Level 2

I am trying to setup SSO for our agency SiteCatalyst user and having below queries.

Could you please let me know the answers for the below?

1.       What is meta data in SSO?
2.       What is the format of meta data?
3.       Who should provide this meta data? our Company IT team
4.       What will Identity Provider (Ping Federate) will provide for setting up of SSO?

Appreciate your help

Thanks,

Venkatesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Your question was general & hence responding. If it is specific to sitecatalyst post in right forums. 

1. Metadata is an document that describes various technical aspects like unique identified, name description, certificates... that are agreed to work together between Identity Provider/Service Provider. Which helps to communicate each other.
  2. http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/saml-metadata-2.0-os.pdf
  3. Meta data will be at both IDP/SP. Generally IDP stores at file system level & service provider (EX:- onling) generates online.  Offcourse inputs come form both so that you can agree upon certificates, attributes, entityid etcc..
  4. After authentication IDP will tell success/failure along with list of attributes you configured in metadata.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

Your question was general & hence responding. If it is specific to sitecatalyst post in right forums. 

1. Metadata is an document that describes various technical aspects like unique identified, name description, certificates... that are agreed to work together between Identity Provider/Service Provider. Which helps to communicate each other.
  2. http://docs.oasis-open.org/security/saml/v2.0/saml-metadata-2.0-os.pdf
  3. Meta data will be at both IDP/SP. Generally IDP stores at file system level & service provider (EX:- onling) generates online.  Offcourse inputs come form both so that you can agree upon certificates, attributes, entityid etcc..
  4. After authentication IDP will tell success/failure along with list of attributes you configured in metadata.