Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Spell Check Not working in First line

Level 2

Spellchecker is not working in first line, when There is a spelling mistake in first line it is displaying no spelling mistake but if there is a spelling mistake in second line it is displaying that there is a spelling mistake.

Spell Checker is not working in first line but it is working fine in second line.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Could you please send me your package to ratna1.kumar@gmail.com which contains RTE plugins in dialog of text component. So that we can debug.

As per the docs In-line editing works for both Touch and Classic UI, where are RTE plugins in dialog work only for Classic. See this below lines as per Docs.

• In-place editing (touch-optimized UI and classic UI):

• .../text/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/rtePlugins

NOTE

If, for example for backward compatibility reasons, the node under cq:inplaceEditing is called something other than config, then ensure that on the intermediate node:

• cq:inplaceEditing

The following property is defined:

• NameconfigPath
    • TypeString
    • Value: name of the node used for the configuration definitions (i.e. the equivalent of config; e.g. in some previous cases it was defined as inplaceEditingTextConfig)

• Editing in a Dialog (classic UI only):

• .../text/dialog/items/tab1/items/text/rtePlugins

~ Ratna.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

I am not seeing this behaviour. 

Install this package and then see if you are seeing this. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/configure-touchui-rte.html

Hope this helps....

Level 10

Yes, it works for me too. See this below snap.

Also, please let us know, Are you checking RTE spell check in In-line editor or dialog in Text component. I see from your screenshot that the dialog in Text component. Correct me if I am wrong.

~ Ratna.

Level 2

Ratna Kumar wrote...

Yes, it works for me too. See this below snap.

Also, please let us know, Are you checking RTE spell check in In-line editor or dialog in Text component. I see from your screenshot that the dialog in Text component. Correct me if I am wrong.

~ Ratna.

I am checking it in dialog not in inline editor, I am not using inline editor, I need super and subscript find replace, special characters and spellcheck in my component, with max characters 75, everything is working fine except spellcheck, in other components RTE spellcheck is working fine but in my component it is not working, what am I missing. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Could you please send me your package to ratna1.kumar@gmail.com which contains RTE plugins in dialog of text component. So that we can debug.

As per the docs In-line editing works for both Touch and Classic UI, where are RTE plugins in dialog work only for Classic. See this below lines as per Docs.

• In-place editing (touch-optimized UI and classic UI):

• .../text/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/rtePlugins

NOTE

If, for example for backward compatibility reasons, the node under cq:inplaceEditing is called something other than config, then ensure that on the intermediate node:

• cq:inplaceEditing

The following property is defined:

• NameconfigPath
    • TypeString
    • Value: name of the node used for the configuration definitions (i.e. the equivalent of config; e.g. in some previous cases it was defined as inplaceEditingTextConfig)

• Editing in a Dialog (classic UI only):

• .../text/dialog/items/tab1/items/text/rtePlugins

~ Ratna.

Level 10

Look at the docs here: https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-2/administer/operations/page-authoring/rich-text-editor.html

It clearly states that for you to use plug-ins in TOuch UI - you need to use inline editor. 

In-place editing (touch-optimized UI and classic UI):

.../text/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/rtePlugins

Are you using Classic UI or Touch UI? 

Level 10

Hi Charan,

Thanks for sending the package.

I have checked your package and it works for me!! See this below screenshot.

Also, Adobe docs seems wrong. We will make a new HELPX article soon on this use case.

Hope this helps!!

~ Ratna.