Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Special chars in asset names

Level 3

Hi,

I have just noticed that putting the semicolon (;) in the asset name, prevents me to retrieve the metatadata and therefore the asset.

Could you please list me the special chars not allowed?

Thank you,
Serena

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @serenapitotti,

Please refer this file for the list of illegal characters (not allowed) while uploading the assets to the AEM DAM.

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

- Jineet

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hi @serenapitotti ,

Please refer general naming guidelines here .

Thanks,

Milind

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @serenapitotti,

Please refer this file for the list of illegal characters (not allowed) while uploading the assets to the AEM DAM.

/libs/dam/gui/coral/components/commons/fileupload/clientlibs/fileupload/js/fileupload.js

- Jineet

Community Advisor

@serenapitotti I do not see any document related to DAM asset file name or allowed characters in it. I would recommend you to raise a day care ticket and get relevant information from Adobe. 

Community Advisor

Please see asset name guidelines for classic and touch . They are defined differently in terms of valid only and not allowed which I feel should be updated to be consistent.

Shubham