Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

SP19 Ugrade issue - Asset Share link

Adobe Champion

We have overlayed Share link functionality to auto populate Subject and number of assets

P_V_Nair_0-1706641039099.png

Overlayed to /apps/dam/gui, just the clientlibs alone, to override the javascript to autopopulate subject line and number of assets.

P_V_Nair_1-1706641121473.png

After SP19 upgrade, this functionality is not working and upon analysis , could see that this overlayed clientlib itself is not loading in the interface when we click on share link. Added a simple alert and that itself is not being picked from the client lib

Tested the overlay by changing the text and it reflects, which means overlay is correct and same as old version, but clientlibs are no longer taken into consideration.

Any thoughts here from anyone to resolve the issue?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

@kautuk_sahni  We were able to hear from Adobe. We had to call every lib JS using dependencies and append our custom clientlib into the overlayed nodes which is like again calling all libs js dependencies in the custom /apps overlayed node. That is how we aware able to fix this issue.

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Community Advisor

@P_V_Nair have you checked /libs path for the same to see if clientlibs part of libs version of the page? If not they might have removed/changed the way to pull clientlibs to this feature.. pls check.. 

Another way is checked which clientlib is loading actually and use same category for your clientlib as well.. for that you don't really need to override 

Adobe Champion

@Shashi_Mulugu  I have tested this as well. Basically overlay of client lib is not working when the js itself is working fine. We have opened an Adobe support ticket and since it can be reproduced, they are working on it. I can post an update once i hear back from Adobe support.

Administrator

@P_V_Nair Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni

Adobe Champion

@kautuk_sahni  I just updated the comments. Will post an update once i hear back from Adobe support.

Administrator

@P_V_Nair Just a nudge, did you hear any solutions from Support or yourself?  

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Adobe Champion

@kautuk_sahni  We were able to hear from Adobe. We had to call every lib JS using dependencies and append our custom clientlib into the overlayed nodes which is like again calling all libs js dependencies in the custom /apps overlayed node. That is how we aware able to fix this issue.