Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Smart crop auto rendition not working with core image v3 component

Community Advisor

Hello,

I am using image v3 component for one of the use case. Now, I have dynamic media enabled and when I drag an assets to this component. I can see the smart crop option enabled in the image component dialog.

I have selected 'Auto' rendition in this dropdown but while rendering this asset in browser, it is not changing based on the screen size, as it should be.

This is working fine for dynamic media and image v2 component but not for image v3 component.

Rohit_Utreja_0-1687881987493.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you include the cilentlibs for image component as part of your dependencies?

Esteban666_0-1687891962369.png

Esteban Bustamante

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Did you include the cilentlibs for image component as part of your dependencies?

Esteban666_0-1687891962369.png

Esteban Bustamante

Community Advisor

@EstebanBustamante 
Yes, I have added this dependency but the behaviour of the smart crop assets are not same as image v2 component. 
both components shows a different smart crop image, image v2 works correctly but image v3 doesn't.

Community Advisor

I see the same issue with V3 Image comp. Works for DM component. All the renditions are in place. 

Community Advisor

@Rohit_Utreja @EstebanBustamante I removed the existing comp from the page and re added the v3 comp and make sure v3 clientlibs are added , then the smartcrop feature is working.  Thanks!

Community Advisor

Hello @Rohit_Utreja - 

Can you also confirm that the Dynamic Media service has generated the necessary renditions for the Image v3 component. Check if the renditions for different screen sizes exist and have been properly generated.

Community Advisor

Yes, all renditions have been generated correctly.