Highlighted

Sling Dynamic Includes and authored templates

benn28474296

27-06-2018

We're trying to set up SDI on pages that use authored templates on 6.3 but aren't having any luck.  We have a user widget in the header that uses dynamic data but we aren't seeing anything happen in page rendering when we flag the header component as being an SDI resource type.  We are seeing includes being properly written when we indicate a component in the authored section of a page using that template, so we know SDI is set up properly.  Is there anything that needs to be done to get the two features working together?

Replies

Highlighted

benn28474296

27-06-2018

We followed that, and we have it working for authored content in a page, but not any components authored in the template.

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

28-06-2018

Have you looked at writing HTL component and using Sling Models- you should be able to create most types of components and these can easily be added to an editable templates via its policies.

Highlighted

benn28474296

28-06-2018

We've created components, we've added them to our authored templates and they are working fine.  But when we try to designate the components in the template should be rendered through SDI its not working.  When we create a page using those templates the components we drop on the page that are designated as needing SDI are being rendered with the proper server side include tags.  So authorble templates are working,  sling dynamic includes are working, but we can't get them to work together.

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

28-06-2018

I am not aware of any examples that show both of them working together. Most of the editable templates examples use HTL components - which is really best practice.

I will check internally to see if anyone has used these together.

Highlighted

smacdonald2008

28-06-2018

Talking to some industry community experts - reply was: " some indirection between SDI + Editable Templates when it tries to load the template configuration could be responsible for the issue."

I would log a bug here,

Highlighted