This tutorial is the continuation of earlier tutorials on Sling Content Distribution in AEM, refer the following URL for part 1 and part 2 tutorials.
This tutorial is created based on AEM as Cloud Service Local Author and Publish instances. The social user sync module is removed from AEM as Cloud due to that some additional configurations required to enable the sync distribution between publishers.
I am using the OSGi system console to enable the required configurations for the demo, use run mode specific OGGI configurations while implementing content distribution in the project.
SYNC DISTRIBUTION — DEFINITION
1. Sync distribution allows modifications made on one publish instance to be synchronized with other publish instances in the farm of publish instances via author instance
2. The modifications automatically synchronized across the publish instances in the farm and are not created on the author.
3. That is done by the author pulling the content from source instance(publish) and distribute it to the other publish instances on the farm.
4. Sling distribution only sends the modification data to non-originating publish instances, eliminating unnecessary traffic
5. The author pulls resources from n publish instances and push them to n-1 publish instances in the farm.