Expand my Community achievements bar.

Sites Console | Page Properties

Level 2

We are on 6.5.8 and have a requirement where-in we need to show page properties to a certain group while ensuring the corresponding group is not able to edit content and edit page properties. However when we provide read access to /content to that group we are not able to see page properties in action tool bar in Sites console. I have also overlayed /libs/wcm/core/content/sites/jcr:content/actions/selection/viewproperties and created a rendercondition to handle the scenario but still it doesnt work. We cant provide modify access to the group. Any pointers?

6 Replies

Level 2
Thanks @Bhuwan_B for the response. I already went through the same but its not working as expectedng

Community Advisor

Hi,

you can try creating a sling filter with the component scope and add decorationTag false if user belongs to non-editable component group.

e.g. https://aemlab.blogspot.com/2018/11/aem-restrict-component-editing-and.html

Arun Patidar

Level 2

Thanks @arunpatidar for the response. Won't a filter be an unnecessary overhead a minor one though on the system as each request goes through the filter and this would mean not going by Permissions and being dependent on code to provide read only view for component? Also, after this page properties would still be editable? Is there a way to make page properties also not editable? As i mentioned we don't see Properties in actions menu if i give read only to /content to that group and we cant provide create/modify/delete access to the group. Let me know your thoughts

Community Advisor
to hide, page properties you need to create a render condition but this will not work for page information menu. I would create a filter that simply redirect users to different mode if user is trying to open page properties or page in edit mode. Filter is an overhead but if in Author that can be justified, end users are not impacted though..

Arun Patidar

Level 2
Thanks @arunpatidar for the response. As i mentioned earlier, render condition is not working and we do need the users in a particular group to be able to open page properties but not edit them and going by ACL if a group doesnt have edit permissions page properties were not visible. I was able to identify the code hiding the page properties in action console if edit permissions are not present and was able to overlay the code and make modifications accordingly. Thanks for the support anyways.