Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Showing dependencies not resolved for jackrabbit accessmanager bundle

Level 2

Hi Experts,
I am Just trying to install accessmanager bundle for checking the acl permissions on instance. But when I download (jackrabbit accessmanager version 3.0.11) and install it through apache felix console, then it is in installed state due to some missing or unresolved dependencies. Can anyone will help me with this to resolve the below dependencies.

Screenshot_1.png

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I agree with you.

Even I could see below versions are available for accessmanager -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1644321393213.png

After installing the org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.accessmanager-3.0.10.jar , immediately it's showing dependency issue as described in mail problem statement.

To fix this dependency issue I have installed org.apache.sling.api-2.24.0.jar , but it has created negative impact like around 57 bundles went to installed state.

@RameshKumar306 , please follow the steps as @lukasz-m has suggested.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @RameshKumar306, I do not know which version of AEM are you using, and from where you get version 3.0.11 of accessmanager. However please be aware that starting from last officially release version which is 3.0.10, accessmanager requires org.apache.sling.api in version 2.23.4. Latest AEM version 6.5.11 provides org.apache.sling.api in version 2.22.0. This is the root cause of the issue. Below are possible solutions:

1. Install org.apache.sling.api bundle in version 2.23.4 on your AEM - this is not recommended because you will be changing core bundle of AEM so it can have negative impact on other functionalities.
  2. Use older version of accessmanager, e.g. 3.0.8 - I was able to install this version on AEM 6.5.10 without any issue or additional steps.

Personally I would go with option 2.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

I agree with you.

Even I could see below versions are available for accessmanager -

DEBAL_DAS_0-1644321393213.png

After installing the org.apache.sling.jcr.jackrabbit.accessmanager-3.0.10.jar , immediately it's showing dependency issue as described in mail problem statement.

To fix this dependency issue I have installed org.apache.sling.api-2.24.0.jar , but it has created negative impact like around 57 bundles went to installed state.

@RameshKumar306 , please follow the steps as @lukasz-m has suggested.

Employee Advisor

Hi @RameshKumar306 

You need to manually add the jar of missing dependencies in the /system/console/bundles to get the bundle active.

https://jar-download.com/artifact-search/org.apache.sling.api
you can download the latest version and try uploading the jar to the bundles and then  refresh all the packages. let me know if you still face the issue, thanks.