Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Service User Mapper Service is causing 503 after AEM restart SP15

Level 1

Hello,

Seeing a strange issue. I have browsed the forum but not seeing anyone else reporting this.

Here is the scenario: We created a system user and mapped the user using "Apache Sling Service User Mapper Service" - NOT the amendment config.

This was on SP12 and everything worked fine - multiple restarts wasn't an issue.

Once we upgraded to SP15, we decided to remove this user mapping and add it to the "Apache Sling Service User Mapper Service Amendment" instead. Everything worked fine at this point, but once the AEM has been restarted, seeing a 503 error when trying to access AEM, error in the logs is something users have reported before but not this particular usecase: "org.apache.sling.engine.impl.SlingRequestProcessorImpl ServletResolver service missing, cannot service requests , sending status 503"

Every answer on this forum points to issue with the repository or oak index, but a simple solution that worked for us was to uncheck "Require Validation" under "Apache Sling Service User Mapper Service" and restart the instance.

I have two questions:

1) Is it safe to keep this option unchecked this on a production instance?

2) Currently there is no mapping, but still why am I seeing 503 if the option from #1 is checked (which is default)? How to I "Reset" or "Revert" the user mapping? because simply removing the mapping is not doing the trick without #1?

UPDATE: #1 is an option if we are able to login. Can't even login if the session expired because of the 503 error so that's a dead-end.

Please shed some light on this.

Thanks!

Abram

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor
1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor