Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

RTE Styles plugin issue in AEM 6.3 classic UI?

Level 3

Hello Everyone,

Classic UI RTE Styles plugin is not reflecting the options font and format style in the drop-down in AEM 6.3 as it reflects in AEM 6.0, following are image snippets:

6.3 issue.png

6.0 no issue.png

When I inspected the Style plugin drop-down option I found that in AEM 6.3 class selector is not present but in AEM 6.0 it is present, following are image snippet:

6.3 no class.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6.0 class.png

In AEM 6.0 each option reflects 'cssName' property for class and value but in AEM 6.3 it reflects for value only.

I referred following docs for RTE Style plugin:https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-3/administer/operations/page-authoring/rich-text-editor.html

https://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/operations/page-authoring/rich-text-editor.html

Is it a bug in AEM 6.3 or I need to configure anything for it in AEM 6.3.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Arpit Bora

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

This certainly appears to be a bug, I would recommend opening a ticket and report this so it can be fixed by the Eng team.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

I do not think they changed how Classic UI works as the preferred way in AEM 63 is the Touch UI. This looks like a bug. Have you noticed issues with other RTE plug-ins in Classic.

BTW - here is the Touch UI RTE discussion -- Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog

Level 3

Thanks for the reply smacdonald2008
Apart from Style Plugin, I used 'paraformat, links, table, subsuperscript and misctools' RTE plugins in classic UI and I noticed no issue in them.

Could you please conform if this is a bug with the instance or any configuration missing from my end.

Correct answer by
Level 10

This certainly appears to be a bug, I would recommend opening a ticket and report this so it can be fixed by the Eng team.