Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

RTE - Stripping of Title and Href Attribute in Source Edit

Level 2

When we add title attribute with '+' in content and Href attribute with 'tel:' via Source Edit in RTE it strips away in the markup. Is there a recommended approach to handle this ? I have seen lot of articles recommending to change the xssprotection/config.xml but is this the only way to fix this since Adobe doesn't recommend meddling with it ? Please let me know. This is for AEM Saas. TIA

-Lokesh

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lokesh426 

Please ensure to add "tel:" as a special link prefix in com.day.cq.rewriter.linkchecker.impl.LinkCheckerImpl OSGi configuration. This will ensure the tel link is not removed from the page.

asutosh_jena_0-1631210389850.png

And yes, you need to update the XSS protection to allow any special chars for any attributes you want.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @lokesh426 

Please ensure to add "tel:" as a special link prefix in com.day.cq.rewriter.linkchecker.impl.LinkCheckerImpl OSGi configuration. This will ensure the tel link is not removed from the page.

asutosh_jena_0-1631210389850.png

And yes, you need to update the XSS protection to allow any special chars for any attributes you want.

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi Ashutosh,

Thanks for the reply, updating link checker with tel fixed it .

-Lokesh