Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

RTE Plugins are missing in Core Text (V1, V2) component.

Level 5

Hello Everyone,

I am trying to use core Text (V1, V2) component by creating the wrapper node and added

sling:resourceSuperType="core/wcm/components/text/v2/text".

When I add this text component to the parsys I am not seeing all the RTE plugins when I open dialog using wrench Icon.
Core V2 Text component.
Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.22.52 PM.png
If I use inplace editor I am seeing all the plugins, if I click on the X (cancecl) icon most of the RTE plugins are going away.
Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.25.32 PM.png
I am clicking on X icon.
Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.25.42 PM.png
Most of the RTE plugins are missing
Screen Shot 2018-08-22 at 4.25.54 PM.png
Is it expected behavior ? or it a bug? does anyone faced similar issue when trying to use core text component.
Thanks,
Narayana.
8 Replies

Level 10

Hi,

There are no issues with RTE Plugins in Inplace-editing as well as dialog in Text component.

RTE Plugins in dialog of the component:

By default few plugins will be enabled in dialog of the RTE plugins. If you want to add more then you need to add plugins and you need to define in uiSettings node - which plugin to allow in inline as well as dialog full screen.

DialogRTE1.PNG

DialogRTE.PNG

RTEDialog2.PNG

Look into this article for including RTE plugins at the dialog level: Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog

Also, look into this article for including RTE plugins at in-placeeditor: Configuring the Adobe Experience Manager Touch UI RTE for in-line editor

For the second case: including RTE plugins at in-placeEditor:

I see that there is no table plugin enabled in core text component and few plugins are included, so only few plugins are showing. Refer above article for in-placeEditor.

I am also seeing default plugins which it is included in in-placeEditor of core text component:

inplaceRTE1.PNGinplaceRTE.PNG

Hope this helps!!

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 5

Hi Ratna,

About the missing Table RTE plugin, reason is I disabled that for testing Editable Templates it is fine.

I did enable all the RTE plugins from design dialog / policy I am seeing all the enabled plugins in the inplace editor not by using wrench Icon.

[Text] RTE Features in Edit Dialog are not controlled by Component Policies · Issue #158 · Adobe-Mar...

This is what my problem with Core V1, V2 Text Component. Do we have any fix for that.

Level 10

The RTE plug-ins are working fine. See this article:

Configuring Experience Manager Rich Text Editor Plugins in a Touch UI Component Dialog

I added that touch UI dialog to my CORE TEXT component and I am seeing the same RTE plug-ins -- as shown here:

RTETouchUI.png

Now I am able to see RTE plug-ins in my dialog.

Hope this helps....... 

Level 2

i follow the suggested steps of the latest reply but i have the same issue in the page

http://localhost:4502/editor.html/content/TestTouchRTE.html

i see the buttons in full screen but when i click in close and i try to open fullscreen i didn´t see the plugins buttons.

issue2.mp4 - Google Drive

Level 2

I found a solution for this bud, we need to install a service pack of aem and all will be work fine.

The service pack is the following: AEM 6.4 Service Pack Release Notes

I hope that this help.

Thanks a lot.

Level 1

Hi,

I am currently facing an issue in text core component v2.

Text entered is getting displayed in Assets 'Search' field on save.

Screen Shot 2021-02-08 at 3.09.22 PM.png

Is it a bug? Have anyone faced similar issue when trying to use core text component.

Thanks,
Shazia