Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

RTe plugin -aem

Level 2

how to add custom video plugin for RTe  (RichText editor) .

10 Replies

Level 10

Playing a VIDEO on a RTE does not really make sense. RTE is to work with text - not binary data or assets. 

To display a video in a AEM web page - use the Video component.

Level 10

Hi Vihaan,

Yes Scott is right. RTE is only meant for to work with the text not for the assets or video to upload.

Use the Video component in this HELPX article: Creating an Experience Manager YouTube Component

Thanks,

Ratna Kumar.

Level 2

Hi Scott,

my requirement is to add a video plugin.client needs to add plugin only.I saw a video plugin on adobe website. Please suggest how to add plugin

Level 10

To add a video with text, the AEM OOTB way is to add Text component, followed by a video component.

This is how I would implement text and video instead of trying to render video from RTE.

However - if the requirement means you need a custom plug-in - then see this blog written by one of our Touch UI Experts.

Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: AEM 63 - Touch UI RTE (Rich Text Editor) Color Picke...

Level 2

Can you try ACS commons insertDialogPlugin...?

Level 2

can u pls send any document regarding this.

thank you

Level 2

Can you please follow the steps mentioned in the doc: acs-aem-commons/dialog-plugin.js at master · Adobe-Consulting-Services/acs-aem-commons · GitHub .

We tried Image Picker by using this plugin, if are following this doc, you can include Video Tags in the RTE.