Expand my Community achievements bar.

Don’t miss the AEM Skill Exchange in SF on Nov 14—hear from industry leaders, learn best practices, and enhance your AEM strategy with practical tips.
SOLVED

Richtext text inside multifield not working in content fragment

Level 3

Hi All,

I have a requirement where we need to add richtext text inside multifield within content fragment. I have checked multiple blogs but no where the solution is mentioned. First of all, is it possible to have richtext under multifield within the content fragment.

Thanks in advance.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

It is possible to add multifield with richtext inside content fragment (with some custom node configuration from crxde) as it uses the same dialog resource type cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog

i just did it and it works with multifield after configuring the content fragment model using (contentreference widget --> and configure it for multifield) default will come with text field. Now go to your model its created for example conf/project/setting/dam.... and then change the configuration of "field" node under multifield node as attached image

note: make sure the mulfield node and field node has same "name" configured as it comes already configured when you create model initially.

hope it helps!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.21.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.20.07 AM.png

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

RTE capabilities are supported only in AEM component dialogs. RTE is not supported on wizards or Foundation-forms like Page Properties and Scaffolding on Touch-enabled UI.

Content Fragment Model is of "wcm/scaffolding/components/scaffolding" resource type.

Reference: https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/operations/rich-text-edi...

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hello,

It is possible to add multifield with richtext inside content fragment (with some custom node configuration from crxde) as it uses the same dialog resource type cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog

i just did it and it works with multifield after configuring the content fragment model using (contentreference widget --> and configure it for multifield) default will come with text field. Now go to your model its created for example conf/project/setting/dam.... and then change the configuration of "field" node under multifield node as attached image

note: make sure the mulfield node and field node has same "name" configured as it comes already configured when you create model initially.

hope it helps!!

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.21.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2021-03-22 at 9.20.07 AM.png

Level 3

I tried the configuration which you mentioned in the screenshot and it dint work. Can you please confirm if you add any other configurations to make this work?

Level 2

Hi @Pawan-Gupta I tried the RTE inside content fragment multifield. When I try to save CF, the RTE values not getting save. and also additional item get added when I reopen the CF again with blank data. Can you please provide any working example link.