Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Restricting allowed components in nested Parsys

Level 5

AEMaaCS 6.5x

I have a custom component which has a nested Parsys inside.  I want to restrict this parsys to only allow Button components to be used.  How can I achieve this?

For more context: I have a Hero component which is being re-used on many different pages within the website.  On some pages (but not all), the hero is part of the template structure and the content author cannot change this.  On other pages, the content author may choose to place the hero on the page if they wish.  In all cases, the hero has a parsys where I would like to allow one or more button components to be placed.  The website will have multiple types of buttons which can be used: the default proxy of core button, a modal button that opens a modal and plays a video, a notification button that acts as an "add to calendar", etc.  The content author should only place any number of buttons inside this parsys, but it needs to be restricted to only allow for buttons.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dylanmccurry ,

If it's dynamic template, policies are store at /conf/  folder e.g.

• /conf/my-project/settings/wcm/templates/demo-template/policies

If it's static template

• You can try same as you are doing with /etc/design/

For more details on how to allow component in parsys please check this thread: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-6-2-how-to-allow-parti...

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @dylanmccurry ,

If it's dynamic template, policies are store at /conf/  folder e.g.

• /conf/my-project/settings/wcm/templates/demo-template/policies

If it's static template

• You can try same as you are doing with /etc/design/

For more details on how to allow component in parsys please check this thread: https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-experience-manager/aem-6-2-how-to-allow-parti...

Hope that helps!

Regards,

Santosh