Expand my Community achievements bar.

Restrict user to build & Install package on Prod Author

Level 3

Hi Devs/Archs,

i Have a requirement to restrict user to build and install prod author through package manager. when user clicks on build or install, should show an error message as "you should not build or install on Prod author". Kindly help me is there any override option available to show the error message.

Environment : AEMasCS.

Thanks in advance.

rajat168_0-1708939710717.pngrajat168_1-1708939743429.png

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 3

Hi @Imran__Khan  & @Kamal_Kishor , 

Thanks for your prompt response, could you please help me on updating the error message like i mentioned "you should not build or install on Prod author"

Level 10

@rajat168 To change text Access Denied we have to debug and deep dive into AEM provided files within crx/de and overlay the same.

Level 8

Hi @rajat168 

As you mentioned you are doing this in AEMaaCS, so the code/config are immutable at runtime and can anyway not be installed from the package manager. Refer to this article for details - https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-cloud-service/content/implementing/deploy...

With that authors can only build or install content packages using package manager, and if the requirement is to not have them access to it, then it might be better to just hide it using the methods suggested by @Imran__Khan and @Kamal_Kishor 

Hope this helps and let us know for any additional questions.

Thanks

Narendra

Level 3

Hi @narendragandhi , thanks for your comments. Could you please help me on configuring permission for restriction of build and install for a user under /etc/packages/my_packages.

Administrator

@rajat168 Did you find the suggestions from users helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni