Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!

Replication agent from Multiple authors to Multiple publishers Instances

Level 5

Hi Team,

We have 4 Authors servers and 4 Publish servers all of our environments (Dev,SAT,Performance , Prod)

When I configure the replication agent on author server I did following ,

Author1 to Publish 1

Author2 to Publish 2 

Author 3 to Publish 3

Author 4 to Publish 4

Is this right way OR do I need to configure All authors one publish instance or all four publish instance load balance URL

& How sync among the publish servers when content is replication for AEM 6.5 On-premises  Env if configured replication above mentioned 

Regards

Vara

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi,

The Replication Agent should not configured outside topology.

Topologies can be DEV, STAGE, PROD.

So you have to configured PROD Author to Replicate only in PROD Publisher(s).

For content sync for the environments , there is another way. Example: https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/contentsync/index.html 

Arun Patidar

Level 5

@arunpatidar

Thank you. 

As mentioned we have four authors and four publish instances .

Are you suggesting , Replicate agent need to configured for author1 to publish1 ,author 2 to publish 2 ,author 3 to publish 3 and author 4 to publish 4 OR All authors to publish1 

In above replication agent configuration , How is sync is going to happen among publish servers ?

Is Content Sync is going to work among the authors ?

Regards

Vara 

Community Advisor

Yes,

Replicate agent need to configured for author1 to publish1 ,author 2 to publish 2 ,author 3 to publish 3 and author 4 to publish 4 but not from all authors to publish1.

For sync, you need to create your own solution either package based or vlt based

https://adobe-consulting-services.github.io/acs-aem-commons/features/contentsync/index.html

Arun Patidar

Level 5

@arunpatidar 

If replication agent need to configure  for author1 to publish1 ,author 2 to publish 2 ,author 3 to publish 3 and author 4 to publish 4 ,

for below scenario 

i.e. author1 created page1 at author1 instance  then published to publish 1 ,

author 2 crated page2 at author2 server then published to publish2 ,

author 3 crated page2 at author3 server then published to publish3,

author 4 crated page2 at author4 server then published to publish4 if end-user access the page1 if request processed by publish2 instance obviously page not found because not sync among publishers .

Do I need to configure multiple i.e. 4 replication agents each author to publish the content all 4 publish instances to avoid the sync content among the publish instances ?

Administrator

@varaande Did you find the suggestions from Arun helpful? Please let us know if more information is required. Otherwise, please mark the answer as correct for posterity. If you have found out solution yourself, please share it with the community.

Kautuk Sahni