Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replicating and controlling live copy replication

Level 1

I have a number of different replication agents configured to activate content on different publish servers.

I have a workflow process where I want to activate to only one of publish servers.  I find the particular agent and then call to replicate.  This is working and the page is only sent to the particular publish server.  I have successfully controlled the replication of this page.

An unexpected problem was discovered when a page is put through the workflow and the page has a live copy.  The live copy has the rollout config 'Activate on blueprint activation'.

After the replication is complete on the blueprint page, the system triggers activate actions on live copy page.  This is fine as I want the live copy page to also be activated.  What occurs though is that I don't have control over the subsequent replication actions as they were triggered by the system.  The live copy page is sent to all my publish servers, not just the one particular publish server.

I want to control the subsequent replication actions so that they only go to the specific publish instance.

Is there a way to control the triggered replication actions that are generated from the live copy relationship?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes there is...here are a couple ways to control the rollout actions:

hope that helps

scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 8

Yes there is...here are a couple ways to control the rollout actions:

hope that helps