Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Replacing the CQSE Http Service with PAX Web Http Service

Level 4

Hi,

In AEM 5.6.1, I am trying to replace the default CQSE Http Service with Pax Web Http Service (which comes as part of Pax Web Jetty Bundle).

The reason to move to PAX Http Service implementation is to have the PAX Extender WAR that allows to install any WAR in OSGi.

Can you please provide some suggestions about the steps that should be taken care.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10
  • Seems like you are trying to host multiple external web application in AEM. Which is not supported and I doubt it is in our road map either.
  • Additioanlly to stress the importance if you recall earlier crx was war we would have used PAX but that would have been short term solution. Instead we converted to simple osgi bundles.
  • For your use I would use application server & then deploy aem war there so that you can deploy external web application in same application server where aem is running.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10
  • Seems like you are trying to host multiple external web application in AEM. Which is not supported and I doubt it is in our road map either.
  • Additioanlly to stress the importance if you recall earlier crx was war we would have used PAX but that would have been short term solution. Instead we converted to simple osgi bundles.
  • For your use I would use application server & then deploy aem war there so that you can deploy external web application in same application server where aem is running.