Expand my Community achievements bar.

Rename tag-id in Pages

Level 3

Hi Community,

In one of the components. Input is a list of tag paths based on the tags input. All the articles that have this tag are pulled out and displayed as featured articles. CLIENT HAS SUDDENLY RELOCATED / renamed a few no.of tags in PROD Directly. Now, in the component the input she gave the location of the new tags. It pulls pages that were created post this tag renaming. But not the old pages, since the repository has already saved the old tag-id and when Lucene search looks into the pages with the new tag-id, it is not found and therefore old pages are not returned. She says the pages should know about the relocation and Lucene has to pick old pages too.

I know we can write out a script to rename tag-id in the repository level either as a servlet or fiddle script. But is there any other way/tool to immediately do this in PROD Directly?

5 Replies

Community Advisor

Try this, Create the OLD TAG on the same location. Then the existing features will be up again.

Then use the move option to change to the NEW name and new location. The reference of each page should be automatically changed.

Community Advisor

Hi, @kiran_22_12, Not sure how your client relocated the tags. Reference will be immediately updated if you rename the tags using Move operation. 

Level 3

I see the crxde has got the cq: moved property with the new location.Therefore the component shows the new reference in dialog . But however pages are retaining the old tag-id in  repo. And so new search is not doneScreenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.16.43 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-07-21 at 12.19.26 PM.png