Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Remove property on new page

Level 4

Hi Team,

When I create a page a property is appending to the page based on some 3rd party integration and it's displaying fine on the page,

Now when I copied this page and paste in some other location I want to delete that property on that page.

User needs that flexibility to delete that property on the newly copied page.

Could anyone suggest me the approach.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If a 3rd party integration is adding a property on page node, ensure there is a dialog property associated to it. This way it can be made editable via page dialog.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Can you please elaborate the issue.. once the page is copy/pasted, author can go and clear the field value, configure a launcher to clear the value for all new pages.

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

If a 3rd party integration is adding a property on page node, ensure there is a dialog property associated to it. This way it can be made editable via page dialog.

Community Advisor

I agree with nirmaljosehere , keep it simple. But if you have a requirement to automate this then -

Write an event listener to check to remove the property on create events when the user copy page but make sure the event listener does not delete property when it is modified.

Arun Patidar