Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

"related" node in AEM assets

Level 4

Hi guys,

I've noticed when I upload an asset to AEM there is always a "related" [nt:unstructured] node under the jcr:content node of the asset. I've been looking around the documentation to figure out the purpose of this node but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know why this node is created and how AEM uses it?

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

何塞。

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

The Related node stores information about assets on which the asset depends, or which depend on the asset. Consider an Illustrator file that includes links to several images that are stored in AEM. The Related node will keep track of those images that are components of the Illustrator file. In addition, if an author uses the Illustrator file as an image on a landing page or product page or some other page in Sites, then the Related node will record the path to that page. Related, therefore, is important for tracking relationships between assets. It is not recommended to make adjustments to this node, as it is managed by AEM.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 7

Hi,

I would prefer to take a look at the com.day.cq.dam.api.AssetManager implemenation for more details.

Correct answer by
Employee

The Related node stores information about assets on which the asset depends, or which depend on the asset. Consider an Illustrator file that includes links to several images that are stored in AEM. The Related node will keep track of those images that are components of the Illustrator file. In addition, if an author uses the Illustrator file as an image on a landing page or product page or some other page in Sites, then the Related node will record the path to that page. Related, therefore, is important for tracking relationships between assets. It is not recommended to make adjustments to this node, as it is managed by AEM.