Expand my Community achievements bar.

Quick Site Template

Level 2

Hi There,

We developed a new website and are interested in creating a quick site template from it to enable easier site creation in the future.

For that we have gone through some links mentioned below but unfortunately, we couldn't find specific steps/instructions on how to generate a quick site template for our newly developed website.

Can anyone suggest how to create a quick site template based on an existing website, we would be grateful.
4 Replies

Employee

Hi @lavishvasuja  ,As per your query  ,I  tried to detail the steps as below.

Could you please try the steps as detailed .

->navigate to the template editor where you want to create the QST.

->Create a new template, In the "Create Template" dialog, select a base template on which the new QST will be based. You can choose a base template that matches the structure of your existing website.

->Once the new template is created, access the template editor to modify and configure it based on the existing website,add the necessary components, layouts, and other configuration settings that match your website's structure.

->Configure placeholders in the template to allow users to replace specific content with their own when creating new pages based on the template.Once you've configured the Quick Site Template, save your changes and activate the template.

->After the Quick Site Template is activated, navigate to the Sites console and click on "Create" to create a new site. Select "Create From Template," and then choose the Quick Site Template you just created.

->You need to configure new site details ,In Create Site from Template dialog, provide the necessary details for the new site, such as title, description, and website path.

->Now you can create the new site ,it will have the same structure and content as the existing website you used as a base.

Note: create a backup of your existing website to ensure you have a copy of the original content and configuration.

Level 2

Thanks @Ekhlaque for your response , Still having confusion on your first and second steps

Community Advisor

Are you looking for how to download the frontend files for website? like this?

Screen Shot 2023-07-25 at 5.52.21 PM.png

Level 2

Thanks @BrianKasingli for your response, I am looking to create quick site template for my own website