Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

questions on MCM (AEM 5.6 and AEM 6.0)

Level 2

Please find some MCM related questions below: 

1. in AEM 5.6 you cannot retrieve / edit newsletters from the MCM admin. The OOTB geometrix newsletters exists and can be accessed from the /content node (through crx) but as you can see (image attached), you cannot edit the newsletter from the MCM admin menu.  Another bizarre and rather frustrating feature is the error you get when you create your own newsletter. An e-mail is being generated and sent (second image attached) but it's obvious the content is missing. 
  2. in AEM 6.0 we cannot send the email although configuration of the Day CQ Mail Service has been taken care off (see images attached). We already went through the http://docs.adobe.com/docs/en/aem/6-0/administer/operations/notification.html and the Campaign Management document. 

Any help is much appreciated,

regards,

Wim 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Wim,

I've opened an issue to have this looked at for 6.0. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Alva

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 2

I was able to resolve the AEM 6.0 related issue and will look into the other issues today and Monday.

Someone @ Adobe felt it's necessary to modify (enhance) the /libs/mcm/components/commands/newsletter/flighttest.POST.jsp component but I'm inclined to believe this requires a little more testing. This component produces a couple of errors and I finally decided to revert to the old AEM 5.6 version of the JSP and out of a sudden .... MCM email works in AEM 6.0. Please find attached a small sequence diagram. Hopefully other people will benefit from this information/knowledge. 

regards,

Wim 

Correct answer by
Employee

Hi Wim,

I've opened an issue to have this looked at for 6.0. Thank you for your feedback.

Regards,

Alva