Expand my Community achievements bar.

Learn about Edge Delivery Services in upcoming GEM session
SOLVED

Publishing image in fragments

Level 2

We have created many fragments in our application and basic idea is to consume these fragments from other applications. In some fragments authors are adding images but when they publish the fragment image is not getting published and they have to publish the image separately. Is there a way images also get published when authors publish the fragments?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to publish the image - make sure that you add publishing the asset as part of the process that your authors are following. Publishing Experience Fragments will not publish the Asset.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You need to publish the image - make sure that you add publishing the asset as part of the process that your authors are following. Publishing Experience Fragments will not publish the Asset.

Level 2

Thank you Scott for your response, but the authors don't want to separately publish the images they want the images to get publish when we publish fragments.

Level 10

See:

Creating Personal Experiences using Experience Manager and Adobe Target

So you build the Experience Fragment on Author and you can reference images located in the JCR. However - you need to make sure these images are published on Prod instance - like you would for any component that uses an image on AEM.

You can move them all to Publish  by using Package Manager. But there is no AEM feature that links Experience Fragment to images for the purpose of deploying to the Production instance.

Level 2

Scott - I completely understand your point, but we are not using fragments in traditional way, these fragments will be consumed by other applications and not within AEM pages. So authors don't want to publish the images separately.

I am thinking of providing a separate workflow which will include image. Is that possible?

Level 2

We created a custom workflow and a process step to find the image tag in the source of fragments and publish each image with fragments