Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Publishing as a fix for component error?

Level 1

So we have a custom component that has images, videos, CTAs, etc. as options. Every so often, the component gives me a generic "error" popup when I try to save the edits in the component. I'm told by our technical team that the solution is either to PUBLISH and then save the component changes (which does work) or to deactivate the page. The problem is that it isn't a great solution when I have pages that require review before publishing, so it's not a viable solution. Anyone else ever have issues with this?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nelson,

This seems to be a technical problem. As you say defn its not viable solution. Please ask your technical team to look into the problem as I think there would be some mistake while developing that component. 

Also, as @scott mentioned if you have access to logs and if you see an error please do pass on. One more thing is, check if there is any frontend error that you see in the browser using browser debugger (F12)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Level 10

When you get that error - you should see a log message. Can you please post that in order to give the community a clue about the error. This will help in identifying the issue. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi Nelson,

This seems to be a technical problem. As you say defn its not viable solution. Please ask your technical team to look into the problem as I think there would be some mistake while developing that component. 

Also, as @scott mentioned if you have access to logs and if you see an error please do pass on. One more thing is, check if there is any frontend error that you see in the browser using browser debugger (F12)