Expand my Community achievements bar.

Proper Way to Modify AEM Workflow Emails

Level 3

I want to modify AEM Workflow emails. We are using AEM 6.5.7. I'm following this documentation, but have a couple questions.

1. The documentation lists the emails in /etc/notification/email, but ours is located at /libs/settings/workflow/notification/email. I assume this is old documentation? I want to verify /libs is the new location.
  2. When modifying the emails, do we copy them to the /apps or /conf folder so they do not get overwritten by service packs or upgrades? If so, which?
6 Replies

Community Advisor
  • Document is not old .. libs is the new path where OOTB workflow email templates are present, though we can move it to etc or conf folder and then we can modify them.
  • Workflow Notification Email Template resolution occurs in the following order:

1. /etc/workflow/notification
    2. /conf/global/settings/workflow/notification
    3. /libs/settings/workflow/notification   

Ref :- https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/deploying/restructuring/all-repository...

Level 3
Thanks, @Varun_Shakya. I tried copying the emails to /conf/global/settings/workflow/notification/email and modifying them, but my changes are not showing. Do I need to change a config somewhere to point to this location?

Level 3

Yes, We placed our modified emails in /etc/workflow/notification/email.

Level 2

Appreciate quick response. That is legacy way, looks like this is correct one. Do you recommend adding this in code or manage at Author instance ?

Level 3

Yeah, the legacy issue was what sparked my initial question. We have these as part of our code deploy to avoid being overwritten.