Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Problems changing the size of layout containers

Level 4

Hi everybody,

I have a basic question about layouts when using custom templates. I have three layout containers and am trying to make them smaller using the double sided layout arrow.

My problem is that the layout snaps back into place no matter where I drag it at all times. It will sit where I dragged it for just a split second before snapping back to the beginning. I've attached a video of what I am seeing below. Does anyone have any suggestions for places that I may have messed up? I don't see any obvious areas. Any advice would be very helpful.

Thanks

Brendan

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

In the article - be sure to install the package. The CSS is part of that package.

ACSS.png

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Level 10

We just did how to resize AEM 6.3 layout container in an editable template in Ask the AEM Community Experts - see this 6.3 article. It has a link at the beginning of the doc that will show you the session and we I showed how to resize.

Also - be sure to add the CSS as shown in the ATCE session or discussed in the doc!!

Scott's Digital Community: Creating an Adobe Experience Manager project using Lazybones

Level 4

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the response. This Creating an Adobe Experience Manager project using Lazybones article is the same one I was using to try to follow these steps

This is what my page design (add CSS) tab looks like

1220935_pastedImage_1.png

Is there somewhere else that I need to add CSS to?

Brendan

Level 10

No - you only need to add it to the Template Page Design: my-aem-project.main.

When you resize the layout - are you getting any browser errors?

Level 10

Send me an email and we can have a connect session (scottm@adobe.com). This works - tested many times on a fresh install of AEM 6.3.

Correct answer by
Level 10

In the article - be sure to install the package. The CSS is part of that package.

ACSS.png

Level 4

Hi Scott,

I was able to successfully install that package as I did not see any child templates before. I unzipped the package, placed it in the same bath and rebuilt and it showed up.

However, the CSS isn't able to work for me. Does this look correct to you? Is there somewhere else I should check to make sure the CSS was installed correctly?

1223698_pastedImage_0.png

Thanks

Brendan

Level 4

Scott,

Thanks for your help. I deleted the package and the tried installing again and was able to get it to work. I'm not sure what it was but something must have not installed correctly.

Thanks

Brendan