Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Problem with externallink on the granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield on Adobe 6.4

Level 3

Hi Guys,

I'm using the granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield in cq:dialog.

see screenshot below.

1723114_pastedImage_4.png

When I put the external link on the field and after that click on the icon the javascript problem happen.

1723116_pastedImage_10.png

2019-04-01_11-03-33.jpg

has anyone solutions for that?

Thanks

Alisson Xavier

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee

1) Go to /system/console/configMgr

2) Apache Sling Java Script Handler

3) For Source VM & Target VM it needs to be auto. If it's set to some other value, eg 1.5, then you'll get these odd JS undefined errors on a path picker.

You may want to manually purge the client libs cache and sightly cache as well.

- Under \crx-quickstart\launchpad\felix grep for "Outputcache" -- delete the contents of this folder. -- client library cache

- Under \crx-quickstart\launchpad\felix grep for "Classes"  -- delete the contents of this folder. -- sightly cache

View solution in original post

10 Replies

Level 10

A Pathfield resource type is to open a path in the AEM JCR - when you click on a PathField - you will see something like:

PathField2.png

Level 3

Which is the field that I can use to open AEM JCR and write the external link?

Could be pathbrowser?

Thanks

Alisson Xavier

Level 10

What exactly are you looknig to do - you want to write a URL that points to an extenal site to a node property?

Level 3

I want to write a url that point to an external site or to internal site (AEM).

Level 10

A PathField or PathBrowser lets you search the JCR - not write external URLS. Where do you want the URL to show up - in an AEM web page?

Level 3

Yes In an AEM web page,

When the user clicks on <a> redirect to URL AEM or to an external website.

Thanks

Alisson Xavier

Correct answer by
Employee

1) Go to /system/console/configMgr

2) Apache Sling Java Script Handler

3) For Source VM & Target VM it needs to be auto. If it's set to some other value, eg 1.5, then you'll get these odd JS undefined errors on a path picker.

You may want to manually purge the client libs cache and sightly cache as well.

- Under \crx-quickstart\launchpad\felix grep for "Outputcache" -- delete the contents of this folder. -- client library cache

- Under \crx-quickstart\launchpad\felix grep for "Classes"  -- delete the contents of this folder. -- sightly cache

Level 10

IF you want a reference to another site in your web page - assuming in the page's text - you can simply link to an outside URL using the RTE.

Level 3

This answer worked for me to.. should this be done only on the author or both auth, pub?

Employee

This is only needed in author.