Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Prevent rollout of page

Level 4

Can you prevent a rollout of a page based on the the existence of a property?

If not, how could I prevent the rollout when the page has a specific property?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

I checked with the MSM Eng team - they replied:

Well, breaking inheritance is one way. Doesn’t prevent rollout per se, but eliminates effect a rollout would have.

Beyond this, “rollout permissions” is a common request, to prevent certain user groups from rolling out pages, or to enable just certain groups to perform rollouts. AEM does not have that. The way AEM Users handle it is with governance. Tell users to not rollout pages and trust they won’t. It’s not like an action that can be performed on accident.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 10

I checked with the MSM Eng team - they replied:

Well, breaking inheritance is one way. Doesn’t prevent rollout per se, but eliminates effect a rollout would have.

Beyond this, “rollout permissions” is a common request, to prevent certain user groups from rolling out pages, or to enable just certain groups to perform rollouts. AEM does not have that. The way AEM Users handle it is with governance. Tell users to not rollout pages and trust they won’t. It’s not like an action that can be performed on accident.