Expand my Community achievements bar.

Radically easy to access on brand approved content for distribution and omnichannel performant delivery. AEM Assets Content Hub and Dynamic Media with OpenAPI capabilities is now GA.
SOLVED

Posts tagged as unknown user

Level 2

Hi,

I'm trying to build my own community page. Once I've already created a custom login I'm having problems with the visibility of the users I created:

• If I'm logged in with my user, I'm able to see my topics/comments with my ID specified (other users comments are shown as unknown)
  • If I access the community as anonymous or other user created by me, my topics appears tagged as "unknown" user.
  • Testing with the demo users of Geometrixx I've realized of that users are visible if I'm logged or as a anonymous user.

I can't see the difference, Is it the problem about permissions? I've checked many options and they doesn't work.

Thanks in advice,

Alberto L.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Alberto,

Yes, it is likely a problem with permissions.

Please let us know what you have installed and configured.

Is it AEM 6.1 Communities FP3?  Or AEM 6.2 Communities?

See Creating Community Members.

See also enabling the tunnel service.

In AEM 6.2 there is a new Communities members and groups console for creating members and member groups on publish from author when the tunnel service is enabled, that will set permissions.  The community member groups automatically created when using the community site creation wizard also set permissions.

The recommendation is to create a publish-side user group with the proper permissions and then assign publish-side users (members) to that group in order for them to inherit those permissions.

- JK

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Level 9

Hi Alberto,

Yes, it is likely a problem with permissions.

Please let us know what you have installed and configured.

Is it AEM 6.1 Communities FP3?  Or AEM 6.2 Communities?

See Creating Community Members.

See also enabling the tunnel service.

In AEM 6.2 there is a new Communities members and groups console for creating members and member groups on publish from author when the tunnel service is enabled, that will set permissions.  The community member groups automatically created when using the community site creation wizard also set permissions.

The recommendation is to create a publish-side user group with the proper permissions and then assign publish-side users (members) to that group in order for them to inherit those permissions.

- JK