Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Post Migration of Tags not showing in PageProperties

Level 2

Hello Friends,

I am performing AEM 6.4 to 6.5 migration, the tags have been copied to new location /content/cq:tags and old location /etc/tags have been deleted and content pages are re-installed. Post migration i can see the tag property ["currentPageTag"] is coming into the page nodes which is absolutely fine and my old tags are retained in nodes.

Issue: the tag values stored in the nodes as property["currentPageTag"] are not coming/displaying in page properties under current Page Tag section, its coming blank so anyone will have an impression that this page doesn't have any tags associated and if we select any tag from tag picker it overwrites the previous value of tag stored in page node as a property.

Any guess how to display the older tag values in page properties?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @shivama92274331 

Please restart Day Communique 5 Tagging OSGi bundle at /system/console/bundles/com.day.cq.cq-tagging for AEM to recognize the New Location contains content and should be used.

Restarting the Day Communique Tagging OSGi bundle will only register the New Location as the tag root if the Previous Location is empty.

References to the Previous Location will continue to work after migrating to New Location for all functionality that leverages AEM's TagManager API for tag resolution.

PS: My personal opinion will be to restart the complete instance than restarting only the above bundle

Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @shivama92274331 

Please restart Day Communique 5 Tagging OSGi bundle at /system/console/bundles/com.day.cq.cq-tagging for AEM to recognize the New Location contains content and should be used.

Restarting the Day Communique Tagging OSGi bundle will only register the New Location as the tag root if the Previous Location is empty.

References to the Previous Location will continue to work after migrating to New Location for all functionality that leverages AEM's TagManager API for tag resolution.

PS: My personal opinion will be to restart the complete instance than restarting only the above bundle

Thanks!

Level 2

Hi @Asutosh_Jena_ ,

I have restarted the instance twice as per the docs and on forum solutions. The tag property is coming into the page nodes but they are not dispaying on the page properties under tag selection. 

Community Advisor

@shivama92274331 Please reauthor once for one page and cross check what is the difference between old and new tagging.. 

Level 2

Hello Friends,

The issue is resolved now!

Problem was after successful migration of tags the corresponding value of tag saved in page nodes was not displaying on page properties because the corresponding tag and its path was not available in cq:tags, once we rectified with the tags package its started showing up tag value on page properties.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

Regards,

Shivam

Administrator
@shivama92274331, Thank you for sharing the solution with AEM community. Keep contributing to AEM community.

Kautuk Sahni