Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

Position the newly created configuration(PageMoveAction) before the standard rollout configuration is not deleting the pages in their old location under live copy on page move.

Level 1

Hi,

As per the documentation MSM Best Practices , placing the new configuration before standard rollout configuration is not deleting the pages in the old location of live copy.

To fully realize a page move from a blueprint to live copies, consider the following best practices:

1. Create a custom rollout configuration:
    • This new configuration must include the action:
      PageMoveAction
      Do not add other actions to this configuration.
  2. Position the new configuration:
    • To fully roll out the page move, while deleting respective pages at their old location in the live copy
      • Position the newly created configuration before the standard rollout configuration.
        The standard rollout configuration will take care of deleting the pages in their old location.

The behavior what we are seeing is :

Let's take a Blueprint website /content/BP with a Livecopy /content/LC

1) Renamed/moved  /content/BP/a/page to /content/BP/a/pageRNM

2)After rollout, both the live copy pages are present /content/LP/a/page and also /content/LP/a/pageRNM .. as per the documentation with PageMoveAction custom rollout placed before standard rollout configuration it should delete the page in the old location( in this case /content/LP/a/page) which is not happening.

Would appreciate any kind of help.

8 Replies

Level 10

If you are experiencing a different result then what is documented - there could be a bug. Can you check on another instance of AEM to make sure that this is not a problem that is applicable for your instance. If you see this on another instance - then please open a ticket so this can be fixed.

Level 1

The same issue is replicable on "WeRetail" sample site.

Level 1

Hello suprajas43649601

Could you try to move the pageMoveAction rollout to the top of the list for the rollout configs in the crx/de as well and see if that helps? The final results should look like this

Screen Shot 2018-06-20 at 1.31.08 PM.png

I don't see any information about the version of your AEM but this is working for me in AEM 6.3. If it still didn't help, please share some more details about your setup and configuration.

Level 2

Hello suprajas43649601

I am facing the same issue. I maintained the same order of rollout configuration as mentioned by AEM.Doctor​, but the live copies have old pages as well. How did you resolve? Could you help me. Thank you.

Level 1

Hi,

I am still having the same issue on AEM 6.3. PageMoveAction configuration is at the top of the Rollout configuration list and it is placed before Standard Rollout Config in the Blueprint tab in Page Properties. Unfortunately, live copy pages are copied to the new location but they still exist on the old location.

Level 1

Hi,

I am facing the same issue on 6.4..if anyone has the solution do let me know..

Level 1

I am having the same issue on AEM 6.5. I can't even see the list of rollout configs in MiscAdmin as part of restructuring of MSM starting from 6.4. How would it be able to order it in such a way that it is on top of Standard Rollout?