Expand my Community achievements bar.

Guidelines for the Responsible Use of Generative AI in the Experience Cloud Community.
SOLVED

Placing new components above the existing components in Classic UI mode

Level 5

Hi team,

I have requirement wherein, I should be able to place components above the existing components in AEM Classic UI Mode. The layout of the dialog is editbar. I tried dragging new component over the existing component but I am unable to place above it. Please let me know any possible solution for the same

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi All,

I was able to solve the issue by adding "insert" in cq:actions property of cq:editConfig. I took the reference from colctrl component

with regards,

Richa Chaubey

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 10

There is no solution - you simply drag a component from the sidekick over the existing component - as shown here:

ADrag.png

There is no settings or other values that can be configured - this is how it works by default.

Level 10

Hi Richa,

Scott is right. By default you can drag and drop the component above the existing component whether it is in Classic UI ot Touch UI.

There is no additional configuration that needs to be done.

Thanks,

Ratna.

Level 5

1361492_pastedImage_0.png

I agree that is possible when the cq:dialog is not "editbar". please find my use case snapshot for the same

Administrator

I am not able reproduce what you stated. Please have a look at this scree-cast:- https://kautuksahni.tinytake.com/sf/MjE1NjkzMl82NzIxMjA0 [Tested this on AEM 6.2 and 6.3]

We can place component wherever (above-below) any component. Can you please try this in fresh AEM instance? and for current issue, are you getting any error in browser or error.log?

Kautuk Sahni

Correct answer by
Level 5

Hi All,

I was able to solve the issue by adding "insert" in cq:actions property of cq:editConfig. I took the reference from colctrl component

with regards,

Richa Chaubey