Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Performance Issue on Production Server.

Level 2

Hi Sir/Mam,

I was looking for any solution to improve Prod. server performance. As rest of the servers are working perfectly. We have implemented indexing for queries used in         our project.

Thanks

Manoj Kumar

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey Manoj,

Load the page and check the slow requests from the network tab or capture har file. Also, capture the thread dumps [1] when you load that particlar page.

Check the host:port/system/console/requests in Stage and Prod when you load that page [0]

[0] https://www.albinsblog.com/2019/04/how-to-use-request-processing-analyzer-to-analyze-recent-request-...

[1] Take thread dumps from a JVM

Regards,

Vishu

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Employee Advisor

Hello Manoj,

For preformance issues, you must capture and analyze the thread dumps, run the OOTB profiling and check the request.log for slow requests. It is mentioned in detail here [1]. Also, review the performance tuning tips [2].

[1] Common critical AEM issues

[2] AEM 6.x | Performance Tuning Tips

Regards,

Vishu

Employee

On top of what Vishu suggested you should tune the JVM wisely according to the server real needs. I have seen users to configure large heap size hoping to gain better performance. This can cause performance issues relevant to full GC which is proportional to the size of the heap.

Employee

Hi,

Also, make sure that you have configured regular maintenance tasks to purge any failed workflows (workflow purge) and also purge any old versions (version purge). Please also check if all your custom workflows have been made transient as explained in document [1] below.

[1] Workflow Best Practices

Employee Advisor

Can you be more specific what you mean with "improve server performance"? Is something slow? What is slow? And what does "slow" mean to you? What's the actual timing and what time do you expect?

If it is not clear what you want to achieve, following wild guesses and random performance recommendations is typically leading nowhere.

Jörg

Level 2

Yeah,

Actually the thing is that in our prod. server everything is working properly, but in our Project we are fetching data from node properties to our custom pages through Sightly. And that particular reports page where all data need to be displayed are taking more than 2-3 mins to load. As it is working fine on Stage server. Please let me know for more clarification.
Thanks

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hey Manoj,

Load the page and check the slow requests from the network tab or capture har file. Also, capture the thread dumps [1] when you load that particlar page.

Check the host:port/system/console/requests in Stage and Prod when you load that page [0]

[0] https://www.albinsblog.com/2019/04/how-to-use-request-processing-analyzer-to-analyze-recent-request-...

[1] Take thread dumps from a JVM

Regards,

Vishu