Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Parsys displays with 0 Width when added in custom container(Eg: Column Container)

Level 1

I'm developing a component which will divide the div into 2 parts have a parsys in it (Eg: Column Control).I'm not specifying any width on parent div.

<div>

<p> Some Text </p>

<div data-sly-resource="${@path='root', resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></div>

</div>

When I drag and drop this component on page, parsys rendering with width 0px.

style="top: 35px; left: 0px; width: 0px; height: 40.25px;"

If any component in added in the parsys its automatically taking the width of component. 

Please suggest me , how can I identify whether some compnent is authored in write a condition to apply custom css.

Thanks,

Anusha A.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Anusha,

Please refer this link for your requirement-

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/bootstrap_grid.html

Well explained how to create a column component.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Anusha,

Please refer this link for your requirement-

https://helpx.adobe.com/experience-manager/using/bootstrap_grid.html

Well explained how to create a column component.

Level 10

Hello @Anusha ,

I think I might have the answer to your question but I'm not sure because I'm a bit confused by the wording. Could you please:

1. Show us the end result you want
  2. Show us a screenshot of what you have
  3. Tell us if you are using any CSS grid system (custom or Bootstrap, etc.)

Level 1

Hi Theop,

Thankyou  for your response.

1. In container component I need to add some other components like cards etc . whenever we drag and drop the components in parsys they should align side by side and another parsys should be visible as shown below. 

Anusha_0-1589527312189.png

2. Now I'm not able to see the parsys with full text " Drag Components here" because its  width is 0px.

Anusha_1-1589527570010.png

3. I'm using default bootstrap class="row" in container component and I'm using class="col-sm-3" in  card component .

In Container component I'm writing only below 2 lines

<div class="row">
<sly data-sly-resource="${@path='main-child', resourceType='foundation/components/parsys'}"></sly>
</div>

Please help to resolve this issue.

Regards,

Anusha A.

Level 7

were you able to solve this issue? I am in need of column control component with three columns having a parsys and facing same 0 width issue.