Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Page properties

Level 2

Hi, is there any way to persist page properties in Crx on page creation?

I've created some properties but only after opening dialogs and save i obtain values in crx and can manage some logic into the page.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

at which point are these properties available? When the properties are parts of the templates, you can attach them to the template (at page creation the template is copied over to the right location).

regards,
Jörg

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 9

CQ5  uses wcmcommand name createPage to create a page with default properties. If you have fields or properties in dialog, it won't be created until you open the dialog and hit OK button.

In order to have you persist data when creating the page you need to write custom wcmcommand which will be writing a custom java class to perform the action you need.

Your question is similar to the following post, please review the responses

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1189446

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

Hi,

at which point are these properties available? When the properties are parts of the templates, you can attach them to the template (at page creation the template is copied over to the right location).

regards,
Jörg

Level 2

Thanks.

This seems the easiest way.