Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Experience Manager Champion Program are open!
SOLVED

Page Properties of AEM doesn't show Image picker when creating a page

Level 3

When I create a page I am not able to upload Image in page properties but when i create the page and then open properties it works fine.

Note: I used cq:showOnCreate to true still dialog appears but Pick functionality doesn't work although browse work

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 3

This will not work unless we edit the Create Page wizard or page properties  the best way is to make the field path browser field as we will not have option of drag and drop of Image while creating a page

PS : granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi, 

I tried on weretail template by updating cq:showOnCreate from false to true for below node and able to see the upload button and it is working as expected

/libs/wcm/foundation/components/basicpage/v1/basicpage/tabs/thumbnail

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 9.08.41 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 9.12.50 AM.png

Level 3

The browse is working but Pick is not working I want to select from DAM and it is not working

Community Advisor

The required js is not present in create page view 

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/common/wcm/clientlibs/wcm.js

Try to add required clientlibs to be included on create page view.

Clientlibs Categories can be found at /libs/cq/gui/components/common/wcm/clientlibs/wcm

I added the js and able to get select image 

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 2.46.43 PM.png

Level 3

It doesn't appear when we create the page that was the question it works when we open page properties after we create a page the following screenshot you attached is from after you have created a page.

Requirement is to while creating a page assetPicker should work

Community Advisor

I have answered the question for initial page creation only, the required clientlibs are missing on initial page creation and adding that to initial page creation clientlibs should work image picker on initial page creation also.

js-browse-activator is the class and click event is available in below js 

http://localhost:4502/libs/cq/gui/components/common/wcm/clientlibs/wcm.js

Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 10.22.05 PM.png

Level 3

Where did u add it and how did you add those client libs I added in my structure it is not working.
Can you show me

Correct answer by
Level 3

This will not work unless we edit the Create Page wizard or page properties  the best way is to make the field path browser field as we will not have option of drag and drop of Image while creating a page

PS : granite/ui/components/coral/foundation/form/pathfield