Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Overlaying dam gui

Level 2

Hi there,

I am overlaying /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/card/asset/asset.jsp

when I overlay in crxde /apps it works fine and shows me desired results but instead of overlaying in crxde I want to do in the code and when keep the same thing in my code it does not work. Not sure what I am doing wrong.

Any help on this?

Thanks

Harpreet

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hope your overlayed file is getting deployed when you are building it. Do you see the changes in file after build ?

if not then you will be required to update the filter.xml by adding the /apps/dam/gui... path.

/apps/src/main/content\META-INF\vault\filter.xml

Add this entry  <filter root="/apps/dam/gui" mode="merge" />

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 8

Hope your overlayed file is getting deployed when you are building it. Do you see the changes in file after build ?

if not then you will be required to update the filter.xml by adding the /apps/dam/gui... path.

/apps/src/main/content\META-INF\vault\filter.xml

Add this entry  <filter root="/apps/dam/gui" mode="merge" />

Level 2

I am not sure ..What changes I should look for and in which file after build ?

Level 8

When we overlay /libs/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/card/asset/asset.jsp

it means you are creating the same folder structure under /apps

/apps/dam/gui/coral/components/admin/contentrenderer/card/asset/asset.jsp

so whatever changes you are making to asset.jsp should reflect after you update the file in eclipse or any other IDE and deploy the code

so you need to create the same structure in your project codebase and update the filter.xml

have u created a project using maven archetype?

Level 2

I am not sure abt maven archtype..but I will try updating filter.xml and will get back.

Thanks