Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Overlayed emulator not working in 6.5

Level 2

Hello all,

We recently upgraded to AEM 6.5 version. The problem we encountered with that is our custom emulator, which we made by overlaying "/etc/mobile/groups/responsive" inside the /etc folder itself is not working in 6.5 version.

I tried multiple things like overlaying the OOTB emulator under /apps/company/components/. But that also does not work.

Does anyone have some idea why that is not working? Please help.

Thanks,

Mandip

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for the response!

I was able to figure it out. So, it seems that the path to emulator is changed from /etc/mobile/groups/* to /libs/settings/mobile/groups/* in 6.5. To make it work, I just copied the /mobile node to /apps/settings/ and referred that path to cq:deviceGroups property in my page template.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 10

You need to provide more detail to the community if you are asking why your customization to the AEM emulators is not working. What did you do to customize it. Please show in detail what you did.

Correct answer by
Level 2

Thank you for the response!

I was able to figure it out. So, it seems that the path to emulator is changed from /etc/mobile/groups/* to /libs/settings/mobile/groups/* in 6.5. To make it work, I just copied the /mobile node to /apps/settings/ and referred that path to cq:deviceGroups property in my page template.

Level 2

Same case with 6.4 as well.

no impact of updating the custom emulators on http://localhost:4502/etc/mobile/groups/responsive.html​​ but after updating /libs/settings/mobile/groups/responsive.html it works for me.

so overlayed /libs/settings/mobile to /apps/settings and updated the custom emulators at http://localhost:4502/apps/settings/mobile/groups/responsive.html

Regards,

Chirag S.