Expand my Community achievements bar.

Overlay OOTB Page in AEM

Level 4

Hi All,

I have overlayed node from /libs/cq/inbox/content/inbox/details/workitem/jcr:content/content/items/tabs/items/workflowcomments to /apps/cq/inbox/content/inbox/details/workitem/jcr:content/content/items/tabs/items/workflowcomments

I have added custom node under workflowcomments in apps folder.

But this node is not appearing on the page unless I add all the properties of workflowcomments and child nodes in /apps as well.

Ideally, when we overlay node from /libs to /apps we only add properties/nodes that we want customize. Rest of the data should be coming from /libs.

But in this case, I'm having to add all properties and nodes in /apps and customize to reflect on the page. This is kind of contradicting the AEM overlay concept. Could anyone help me understand here.

Many Thanks,

2 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello @girishb83316758 

You shouldn't be overlaying these nodes. They are in granite:InternalArea. 

aanchalsikka_0-1698301732731.png

Please do check, if the deployments will through

Which element in UI does it correspond to?

Aanchal Sikka

Level 4

Hi @aanchal-sikka ,

These element correspond to 'comments tabs' in AEM Inbox for workItem.

We have done customization for this comment box. But we had to re-create all the parent and add it's properties in /apps folder as well.

My understanding is, Overlay concept in AEM should by-default take these and we should avoid adding redundant node and it's property values again in /apps nodes.