Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.

On clicking the "Drag your component here", 'Insert Component' or '+' is selected by default.

Level 1
I am using AEM 6.5. When I copy a component/components using command+c and try to paste it using command+v, it requires clicking twice on 'Drag your component here'. I believe this is happening because whenever I click on 'Drag your component here' , by default '+' is selected. This is causing issues fro the content authors to paste the component. Can someone help with what config changes should be done to the toolbar so that '+' is not selected by default or how can I prevent double click to paste the component using command+v.
4 Replies

Community Advisor

In the toolbar, there are dedicated buttons to copy and paste. Why are you not using those?

Arun Patidar

Level 1

The content authors want to use the keyboard especially while copying multiple components. Another thing they I noticed is, that it was working fine for AEM version 6.5.1.0. The recent patch for AEM version 6.5.5 us causing this. Thanks!

Community Advisor

It works fine for me I am also using AEM 6.5 . If you are facing this problem that might because of issue in your template or in your component. 

Check in We retail project in your local instance. Do you face the similar issue there?

Or as Arun suggested use the dedicated buttons to copy and paste.

Level 1

Hi Varun, I works fine for 6.5.1.0. After applying the patch for 6.5.5 it works like that. I think it's an upgrade or a feature added. I am looking for a way to override the behaviour because the content authors want it to be like that. Thanks!