Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

On AEM 6.0+SP3 updated my pom with aem-api 6.0.0-SP3 and facing below issue, anyone faced this before?

Level 1

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.20.0:scr (generate-scr-scrdescriptor) on project core: Execution generate-scr-scrdescriptor of goal org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.20.0:scr failed: An API incompatibility was encountered while executing org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.20.0:scr: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/day/cq/dam/commons/process/AbstractAssetWorkflowProcess, method: <init> signature: ()V) Constructor must call super() or this()

[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------

[ERROR] realm =    plugin>org.apache.felix:maven-scr-plugin:1.20.0

[ERROR] strategy = org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.strategy.SelfFirstStrategy

[ERROR] urls[0] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/apache/felix/maven-scr-plugin/1.20.0/maven-scr-plugin-1.20.0.jar

[ERROR] urls[1] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/slf4j/slf4j-simple/1.5.0/slf4j-simple-1.5.0.jar

[ERROR] urls[2] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/maven-archiver/2.2/maven-archiver-2.2.jar

[ERROR] urls[3] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/junit/junit/3.8.1/junit-3.8.1.jar

[ERROR] urls[4] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-archiver/1.0-alpha-7/plexus-archiver-1.0-alpha-7.jar

[ERROR] urls[5] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/apache/felix/org.apache.felix.scr.generator/1.12.0/org.apache.felix.scr.generator-1.12.0.jar

[ERROR] urls[6] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/ow2/asm/asm-all/5.0.2/asm-all-5.0.2.jar

[ERROR] urls[7] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/osgi/org.osgi.core/4.2.0/org.osgi.core-4.2.0.jar

[ERROR] urls[8] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/osgi/org.osgi.compendium/4.2.0/org.osgi.compendium-4.2.0.jar

[ERROR] urls[9] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/sonatype/plexus/plexus-build-api/0.0.7/plexus-build-api-0.0.7.jar

[ERROR] urls[10] = file:/Users/rohitash.rawat/.m2/repository/org/codehaus/plexus/plexus-utils/1.5.8/plexus-utils-1.5.8.jar

[ERROR] Number of foreign imports: 1

[ERROR] import: Entry[import  from realm ClassRealm[project>com.wsgc.ecommerce.wcm:core:5.6-SNAPSHOT, parent: ClassRealm[maven.api, parent: null]]]

[ERROR]

[ERROR] -----------------------------------------------------

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

AEM 6.0 does not support Java 8. Neither in SP1 nor in SP3. The full support for Java8 comes with AEM 6.1. Please revert and change your compiler settings to use Java7 again.

Jörg

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Employee Advisor

Have you updated the java version? What version were you using before (when everything was working) and what version are you using. now? "mvn -v" will show you.

IIRC I experienced some strange behavior with some later version of the scr plugin; have you updated it recently? I don't think that it is related to the AEM upgrade itself.

Anf remember: AEM 6.0 does not support Java 8 yet, so make sure that your libraries are compiled with Java7 as well.

Jörg

Level 1

Hi Jörg,

Thanks for your reply.

Before we were using JAVA 7 in our project when Maven builds passes successfully. We have AEM 6.0 with SP1. After update with JAVA 8 also we able to successfully build our code and deployed on the server. All bundles were up and in active state at that time.

The problem occurs when we updated our server with SP3. Now bundles are in the installed state. To resolve this issue we tried to add the dependency of aem-api 6.0.0-SP3 but we facing the above error afterward.

Regards,

Rohitash

Correct answer by
Employee Advisor

AEM 6.0 does not support Java 8. Neither in SP1 nor in SP3. The full support for Java8 comes with AEM 6.1. Please revert and change your compiler settings to use Java7 again.

Jörg

Level 1

Hi Jörg,

If I try with AEM 6.0 vanilla version + SP3  and Java 8 then Geometrixx website is working fine. So if AEM 6.0 does not support JAVA 8 with SP1 and SP3, then I guess Geometrixx should not work after that. Please correct me If I am understating it incorrectly or missing some thing.

Regards,

Rohitash

Employee Advisor

Well, even though Geometrixx might work, it's not supported; probably there is a reason for that :-)

In your case you are building your custom code, maybe that's problematic?