Tip /
Sign in

Sign in to Community

to gain points, level up, and earn exciting badges like the new
BedrockMission!

Learn more

Sign in to view all badges

SOLVED

OakAccess:0000 Access Denied for Package Manager build step.

fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4

hi guys,

I need to have read/create access for package manager on a prod machine but not build or install access. I sent the instructions below to my boss and she said she did them. However, although I can see Package Manager UI and create a package with filters etc. and do a Build, at the last minute it fails with the above OakAccess problem. What should I do extra ?

thanks

Fiona

Is this info still up to date for 6.5 AMS ? 

"Permissions needed for using the Package Manager

To grant users the right to create, modify, upload, and install packages, you must give them the appropriate user/group page permissions at the following locations:

(give Read/Create  but excluding Modify/Delete as these would give them Install permissions.)

- /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/deployment

- /libs/cq/core/content/nav/tools/deployment/packages

- /etc/packages

Solved: AEM 6.3 package permissions: allowing a user group... - Adobe Experience League Community - ...

1 Accepted Solution
Vijayalakshmi_S
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @fionas76543059,

Permissions related to Package manager still applies. Cross check if you have permissions for the node/filter contents as well in addition to (/etc/packages)

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/packag...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
shashim1223
Level 2
Level 2

@fionas76543059 Ca you share your activity log from crx/packmgr view where exactly it failed. Do you have enough read access to filters path tree you added to package?

Vijayalakshmi_S
Correct answer by
Community Advisor
Community Advisor

Hi @fionas76543059,

Permissions related to Package manager still applies. Cross check if you have permissions for the node/filter contents as well in addition to (/etc/packages)

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/experience-manager-65/administering/contentmanagement/packag...

View solution in original post

fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4
Thanks, I got more permisssion to access all of the sites and that seems to have done the trick
fionas76543059
Level 4
Level 4
Thanks, I got more permissions to access all the sites and that seems to have been enough