Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Not able to add a custom RTE plug-in in AEM 6.3

Level 2

Hi Team,

I got a requirement where i need to highlight the selected text with black background.

For this i had to create a custom RTE plug-in.

Before that, i browsed through Experiencing Adobe Experience Manager - Day CQ: In the blog "Experiencing Adobe Experience Manger - ...

And i tried to download few custom plugins, these are working in AEM 6.1 but not in 6.3

Any change in jcr structure or configuration? or any other steps to be performed to include the plugins?

Pease suggest.

Regards,

Rohit

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Administrator

Sreekanth has written the new article for 6.3 :- http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2017/06/aem-63-touch-ui-rte-rich-text-editor-color-picker-plugin-...

I hope this will help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Level 2

I tried adding a simple style plugin (which is available OOTB), by following the steps given in Configuring the Rich Text Editor​, still styles plugin was not appearing during text edit of my component.

Correct answer by
Administrator

Sreekanth has written the new article for 6.3 :- http://experience-aem.blogspot.com/2017/06/aem-63-touch-ui-rte-rich-text-editor-color-picker-plugin-...

I hope this will help you.

~kautuk

Kautuk Sahni

Level 2

Hi

Is it possible to enhance the inline rich text element to include the controls for heading styles and button styles.

in aem 6.3 touchUI.

we need heading styles in tool bar as well as full screen also.

1266501_pastedImage_0.png

1266502_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks in advance.

Community Advisor

Could understand it is very late response. Just came across this now.

If we want the plugins for inline editor, we need to have rtePlugins and uiSettings in the below path.

..text/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/rtePlugins

..text/cq:editConfig/cq:inplaceEditing/config/uiSettings

text being the node for richtext( cq/gui/components/authoring/dialog/richtext)

Reference: Configuring the Rich Text Editor (In-place editing section)