Expand my Community achievements bar.

Dive into Adobe Summit 2024! Explore curated list of AEM sessions & labs, register, connect with experts, ask questions, engage, and share insights. Don't miss the excitement.
SOLVED

Need to read a date from live page

Level 4

Hi Team, 

In my live site, every day data will render via 3rd party, this data will be visible only on live site (this data won't be visible in publishers too). 

Few times data won't comes to AEM, business users will identity and send a mail to us, again we will check with respective team. 

The data displays share price, date and relevant data. In site always shows the yesterday data and yesterday share price. 

My ask, is it possible to read the date on the live page, if it's showing yesterday date a mail should trigger as succes message. If it's showing day before yesterdays date then mail should trigger  as failed or a notification on teams. 

Please let me know how can I achive. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ricky99999

Please clarify,

How can the publisher not show the data (prices, dates and relevant data) but only the live

(dispatcher ) shows the data ?

if we accept data is shown in live site, then there should be some mechanism that pulls data from third party services. So which layer does that ? surely not dispatcher . may be any components does this ?

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Community Advisor

Hi @Ricky99999 ,

Do you've any monitoring service apps running on your website, like DATADOG or something else? You could set monitoring and trigger the notifications when the price is not showing as per the requirement.  

I'm not sure if it can be accomplished with analytics reporting tools. You can probably explore. 

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi Ricky99999

Please clarify,

How can the publisher not show the data (prices, dates and relevant data) but only the live

(dispatcher ) shows the data ?

if we accept data is shown in live site, then there should be some mechanism that pulls data from third party services. So which layer does that ? surely not dispatcher . may be any components does this ?

Community Advisor

can you please share how the third party data loaded on the live page? is it from AEM component? 

do you have any scheduler to make a call to third party API to get the updated data?

If you are expecting updated data on every day, please check below steps and see if that matches to your requirement. 

1. AEM scheduler to make a call to the third party API to get the updated data on every day and store in AEM.

2. Component to read the data from AEM and render it on the page.

3. Another scheduler to monitor the data and send notifications based on your need.